Student activity #5
Read about the Hopkins family p.48-50 in From Here to There
- Which family members came first? When? From where? Did they buy land?
- How is the family remembered in the area?
- What did the family do for a living?
- Go to the Truganina School Exhibit and lean about the Truganina School. Check out some of the family names from the area.
- This extract about our area provides a wealth of information over a long period of time. Did it help you to understand how old area area really is? Are there any highlights in the story for you?