Wyndham History
Menu

Browse Items

Total item(s) : 282
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/34.jpg

This was the first office for Shire of Wyndham. The building is now occupied by Werribee Masonic Lodge.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/207.jpg

This was the first office for Shire of Wyndham. The building is now occupied by Werribee Masonic Lodge.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/144.jpg

This photograph is taken from an article that appeared in the Banner Newspaper written by Mrs. M G McNaughton. The description reads: Pictured above is the Wyndham Common School, referred to in this week's Banner instalment of An Historic School,…
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/93.jpg

Bluestone woolshed at Werribee Park, Werribee.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/103.jpg

Bales of wool from Mouyong Station ready to be transported at Little River Railway Station. Mouyong Station was owned by Monckton Synnot.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/25.jpg

Mr. William Ison, one of the areas first residents, was born in Cambridge, England in 1832, the eldest of 15 children. He left England on 18 October 1855 aged 22 years and arrived at Portland, Victoria in 1855.
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/45.jpg

The wheelwright was situated on the site which today is occupied by the Westpac Bank. In the 1950s, with the phasing out of horses, the premises were taken over by panel beaters, Bowan and Miller, who were not there very long. In the early to mid…
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/231.jpg

Western Produce was located near the railway crossing at Cherry Street. David Thompson came here from Newstead about 1919 to manage Keast's Mill (located along the Cherry Street Railway crossing on the Werribee Station side).  A few years later…
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/192.jpg

Photograph of the opening of Westbourne Grammar School, Sayers Road, Truganina 17 February 1979.The school was opened by the then Federal Minister of Education Sen. Hon John L. Carrick. The headmaster at the time was John Pascoe and the Church of…
http://web02.wyndham.vic.gov.au:80/hipres/images/local_history/174.jpg

Photograph of members of the Werribee Tennis Club.

Ask a question