Browse Items (10 total)
O'Tooles Supa Valu.Located on the corner of Duncans Road and Watton Street, Werribee. Built and owned by J. E. O'Toole.
Was demolished and is now Ballan House.Tags buildings, O'Toole family, shops
Lowman's Fruit Mart,
Werribee.Lowman's Fruit Market was located between Coles supermarket and the Post Office on Watton Street.
Vic Corbut married Frida Lowman. Vic is holding his baby son, Ron. Lowman's Fruit Mart was built about the same time as Fisher's Garage beside it, 1911. It was run by the Lowman family for many years and was sold to Mortland Plant in 1937. Amongst others, a family named Rhynehart ran it.
It was demolished about 1952 for renewal and extensions of Fisher Motors.Tags buildings, fruiterers, Lowman family, shops
Portelli house and shop,
650 Diggers Road,
Werribee SouthRectangular brick and timber building with a small shop at the front and residence at the rear.Tags buildings, has:placeholder, houses, shops, Werribee South
First general store built by J Heath.
Business bought by Frederick Schulze in 1871, then in 1917, Charles Schulze, son of Frederick and Metta ran the business until 1946.
Post Office operated at this location until 1904. Don Taylor, purchased business from Margaret Schulze, wife of Charles, in 1946 and named it Bunny's.
Werribee.The butchers was still at this at this address in 1933.
Bootmaker's Shop, corner Watton and Bridge Streets, Werribee.
In the 1920's this building was the Commercial Bank which closed down in 1939. At the time of the closure the Manager was Mr. Gerald Sexton. It was owned by Thomas Beasley J.P. whose daughter Maureen ran a dressmaking business.
Later Mrs. Mavis (or Marie) Beasley ran a ladies hairdressing business. A Mrs Power lived in the residential section at the back of the shop. It later became Mr. Stilliton's Bootmakers shop. In 1988 it was sold to Ollies Trolley. It is now the location of KFC chicken shop (1994).Tags bootmakers, buildings, shops
Bootmaker's Shop, corner Watton and Bridge Streets, Werribee.For more information see Item 1007.Tags bootmakers, buildings, shops
A. Comben & Co,
East side of Station Street, three doors north of Denys on the corner of Watton and Station Streets, Werribee.
Aub Comben's first shop, it later became Joe King's fruit shop. The original Comben's store was started by Shadrach Comben, father of Alfred Comben and Bill Comben, in 1897.Tags buildings, fruiterers, shopkeepers, shops
47 Watton Street,
WerribeeA shop with an Early Modern style facade featuring black and cream tile work.
Alfred Ernest Comben (1876-1938)Shire President 1925-1926
Shire President 1935