Wyndham History

1851 — Opening of the Bridge Inn

Item

Placeholder image - place building purple.png

Dublin Core

Type

Title

1851 — Opening of the Bridge Inn

Description

Ferry operator Elliot Armstrong opened his Bridge Inn on the opposite side of the river, in line with Werribee Street, where the present Racecourse Hotel now stands. Later Armstrong’s Bridge Hotel was known simply as Armstrong’s Inn.

Date

1851

Format

message

Language

eng

Citation

“1851 — Opening of the Bridge Inn,” Wyndham History, accessed September 26, 2022, http://wyndhamhistory.net.au/items/show/1216.

Comments

Social Bookmarking