Henry Robinson house,
Article Item Type Metadata
The building, presumably a house, is constructed of random coursed bluestone. There are two sugar gums in the front (one alive) and a fruit tree at the rear. The roof framing has completely gone and the walls have been reduced in height. The Truganina Munitions Reserve was later built on the large block surrounding the building. The building site, including some later structures are fenced off from the Reserve.
John Scott, who acquired the site of the bluestone ruin in Palmers Road, (Crown Allotment 3, Section XXV, Parish of Truganina) in 1858, may have been the first owner of the building. During the 1860s he was rated as the owner of a farm on Allotment 3. After Scott’s death in the late 1860s, the property was transferred to William Palmer. He was the owner still in the early 1890s.
The Robinson family was associated with the site of the bluestone house from the turn of the century.
In 1900-1901, James and Henry Robinson were rated for Crown Allotments 2 and 3.
Henry, who already owned Crown Allotment 1 on Dohertys Road, owned Allotment 3 as well, at least from 1914-15. At this time dwellings were recorded on Allotment 3 and a homestead on Allotment 1. After the First World War, Henry Robinson owned all three allotments.
Truganina,” Wyndham History, accessed December 12, 2023, http://wyndhamhistory.net.au/items/show/988.
|Item: Truganina Munitions Reserve,
|Item: Army Stables,