Watton Street Bridge foundation stone plaque.
This stone was retained when the original bridge was widened by the Country Roads Board in 1967.
The original foundation stone was laid by the Hon. George Graham MLA Minister of Public Works on April 2 1892. Budge and Lake were the contractors and J. McDowie was Chief of Works.
The stone reads:
SHIRE OF WYNDHAM
THE FOUNDATION STONE OF THIS BRIDGE WAS LAID
by the HON. GEORGE GRAHAM, M.L.A.
Minister of Public Works, the 2nd April 1892
P. KELLY President
FRANCIS BEAMISH JOHN DEVINE
ROBERT CHERRY ANGUS McNAUGHTON
GEORGE T. CHIRNSIDE S. T. STAUGHTON
EDMUND DAVIES JAMES WATSON
HAMILTON SINCLAIR C.E. Secretary, Engineer
Budge & Lake J. McDowie
Contractors Chief of Works
Not to be reproduced without permission from the Werribee and District Historical Society.
Publication quality prints can be purchased from the Werribee and District Historical Society.